This list of rules will be handed to each person as they enter Minnesota:
1. That slope-shouldered farm boy you are snickering at did
more work before breakfast than you will do all week at the
gym. How'd you like to go home and tell your momma you got
your butt kicked by a big guy in bib overalls?
2. It's called a "gravel road." No matter how slow you drive,
you're going to get dust on your BMW. I have a four wheel
drive because I need it. Now drive or get it out of the way.
3.We all started hunting and fishing when we were nine years
old. Yeah, we saw Bambi. We got over it.
4. Any references to "corn fed" when talking about our women
will get your butt kicked...by our women.
5. Pull your pants up, and turn your hat around. You look
like an idiot.
6. If that cell phone rings while a bunch of mallards are
making their final approach, we will shoot it. You might hope
you don't have it up to your ear at the time.
7. No, there's no "Vegetarian Special" on the menu. Order
steak. Order it rare. Or, you can order the Chef's Salad and
pick off the two pounds of ham and turkey.
8. Yeah, we have sweet tea. It comes unsweetened in a glass
with two packets of sugar and a long spoon.
9. You bring Coke into my house, it better be brown, wet, and
served over ice.
10. So you have a sixty thousand dollar car. We're real
impressed. We have quarter-million dollar combines that we
use two weeks a year.
11. Let's get this straight. We may have one stoplight in
town. We stop when it's red. We may even stop when it's
12. Our women hunt, fish, and drive trucks-because they want
to. So, you're a feminist. Isn't that cute.
13. Yeah, we eat catfish, Northern, walleye and turtle too.
If you really want sushi and caviar, it's available at the
14. They are pigs and cows. That's what they smell like. Get
over it. Don't like it? Interstate 90 & Interstate 94 go two
ways....Interstate 35 goes south......get on one of them.
15. The "Opener" refers to the first days of fishing and deer
season. They are religious holidays. You can get breakfast at
16. So what if every person in every pick-up waves? It's
called being friendly. Understand the concept?
17. Yeah, we have golf courses. Don't hit into the water
hazards. It spooks the fish.