- Neil was wearing a grey shirt with something that looked like the flag for Nigeria on it
- Poncho kept throwing picks into the crowd. If I'd figured that out sooner, I probably could have gotten one for a momento
- Many of Neil's songs are complete stories within themselves (Ramada Inn) while others are more about concepts (Rust Never Sleeps)
- I knew we were in for a treat when I saw the giant, oversized stage props from the 80s Rust Never Sleeps tour
- Just because a particular item is present (the pipe organ, for example) doesn't mean it's going to be used. He headfaked me at least twice that we were going to hear "Like a Hurricane."
- Los Lobos opened for him, and they were not what I expected. Fantastic opener. Great blend of Mexican/Tijuana feel with great rock. The drummer, who looked younger than the rest of the band (replacement drummer?) made some hilarious faces while he was playing -- but that's because he was in the moment and having fun.
- Because this was being filmed, I knew the entire stage show was part of a "story." Again, very similar to the Rust Never Sleeps tour's experience.
- If you have a lab coat, "nerd" glasses and wild grey hair, you are a scientist.
- Some of the old tour tricks to make a show within the show are the best tricks ("Road-eyes" return in an evolved state and the Woodstock PA announcements)
- Poncho loves it if you flip him the bird during "Fuckin' Up"
- I haven't heard a version of Cinnamon Girl this electric and "crunchy" since the Type O Negative cover
- Neil put us in a time machine and there was psychadelic pinwheel lighting for Mr. Soul
- How many backdrop moslins can one performance possibly have?
- Setlist:Love and Only Love; Powderfinger; Born in Ontario; Walk Like A Giant; The Needle and the Damage Done; Twisted Road; She's Always Dancing; Ramada Inn; Cinnamon Girl; Fuckin' Up; Mr. Soul; Hey Hey, My My (Into the Black); ENCORE: Tonight's the Night
Things to remember about last night's Neil Young show
This morning my home PC scolded me for moving several directories. Except... I hadn't done that at all. I checked it out and sure enough, my 1TB…
On the Thursday evening drive home from work the Expedition was acting rather oddly. It was stumbling on acceleration, had an uneven idle and…
Last night I didn't have nostalgic dreams -- mostly because I didn't sleep well at all. What sleep I did happen to get was mostly punctuated by…